My ultimate go-to dessert for the Holiday Season are Galette’s. They’re so simple, and for someone who does NOT have skills in terms of the technical hell one would call ‘baking’, this makes it quite alluring.
The tartness of the cranberries, after a heavy holiday meal is exactly what I long for.
What you’ll need:
your favorite pie dough (here’s mine)
2 cups cranberries
1 cup brown sugar
juice from one orange
pinch of salt & cinnamon
egg & cream for egg wash
1. Make your dough ahead of time and get that chilling in the fridge.
2. Preheat the oven to 375* F.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix together cranberries, sugar, juice and salt/cinnamon.
4. Roll out your dough.
5. Place berries in a pile in the center, and wrap the edges of the dough OVER the berries and seal the dough so that none of the juice escapes.
6.Paint egg wash onto the dough, and bake for 30-35 minutes until the center is bubbling and the dough is a golden brown.
7. Serve with a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
8. Write me and tell me how good the acidity is after your hefty meal.
Leave a Reply